Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Short but Sweet

I know...I haven't posted in a while as I have been really busy. I am however, working on a monster post (think Steve Winwood) that will hopefully be ready sometime in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime however, I just found these clips on youtube about the late great James Jamerson aka the bass player in the original lienup of the Funk Brothers. To make a long story short, the Funk Brothers were the group that played on all of the Motown songs of the 60s and 70s, but never received much recognition for their work. Amazingly, they had more hits than Elvis, the Beatles, and the Rolling Stones combined. Enjoy:







If you like what you see here, I highly recommend the film Standing in the Shadow of Motown, which tells the whole story of the Funk Brothers and even includes some newer footage of the group playing with people like Bootsy Collins and Ben Harper.

No comments: