Tuesday, April 22, 2008

National Record Store Day

As some of you may know, Saturday was National Record Store Day. In celebration of the holiday, I visited a few of the local venders. I though you might be interested in what I found. I have been looking for a few of these for a while and was pretty happy to find them.

LPs:

Wish It Would Rain - The Temptations
Live at the Fillmore West - Aretha Franklin
Giant Step - Taj Mahal
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
Crusaders 1 - The Crusaders



This is a temptatsion song called I Truly, Truly Believe off of the album Wish It Would Rain. This song is pretty much the reason why I bought the album as it is one of the only tunes on which Melvin, the bass singer, actually takes the lead. This is an overlooked gem and I hope that you all enjoy it as much as I do. Anyone looking to buy the whole album need look no furhter than itunes.



Of course I had to include this. This is Dr. Funkenstein's favorite Temptations song and it is one of mine as well. The harmonies on this live version are even better than the studio version.

No comments: