Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hey Everybody, It's been a While



I know...I haven't posted in a long time, I am still having some technological issues and I am in the middle of midterms(over tomorrow YAY!!!), but I will soon be on Spring Break. Once I have some more time and a computer, I will be sure to put up a killer post or two and I will add the playlists from my last few radio shows. In the mean time, i encourage you all to dig Clarence Wheeler and the Enforcers. They are a soul jazz combo who recorded two albums for Atlantic Records in the early 70s. The above cover of the Beatles' "Hey Jude," is off of there first release Doin' What We Wanna. The song below, "Right On," is is also off of their first album. It features the vocal stylings of Cissy Houston (mother of Whitney Houston) who was also a featured vocalist with Aretha Franklin around this time. The track is also featured on the wonderful What It Is compilation released last year by Rhino Records. Also, if any of you need some new reading material, you should check out the new issue of Waxpoetics that hit stands yesterday. Among other great articles is a tribute to Oscar Peterson and an article about Eddie Harris. The Cover article is about Grand Master Flash. If that doesn;t excite...WHAT WILL?

No comments: